SuperLinks - Adding lots of arbitrary content within Cacti
21st November 2007 (updated 30th November 2008)
This is a plugin for the Cacti Plugin Architecture created by Jimmy Conner for Cacti 0.8.x (0.9.0 is slated to have a new plugin system from the start). It it lets you have any number of pages of arbitrary HTML content behind tabs at the top of the page or extra entries on the Console menu. You could use this to integrate other tools into Cacti - say you want to have links to Smokeping, or Request Tracker, or Nagios...
It is intended as a replacement for the Links plugin that I wrote some time ago, but with the following key improvements:
- It supports ANY number of extra tabs
- It will dynamically create the Tab graphics as pages are created
- It has the same user-based access-control as Weathermap
- It allows you to add new links to the Console menu as well as tabs and also blocks of content to the 'Welcome' front page.
- It allows you to add new sections to the Console menu for you new items.
- It allows you to customize the style of the login screen.
- It allows you to hide the standard 'Next Steps' welcome page.
- It can create smaller tabs to fit more on the page (and force other plugins to, too)
- Allows you to directly embed another website/application without writing any HTML
To use it, you need to install the Plugin Architecture first, and make sure that you can get plugins to work at all. Then, unpack the superlinks archive into your plugins folder, and add the following line to your cacti config.php (for Cacti 0.8.6) or global.php (for Cacti 0.8.7):
$plugins = array(); $plugins = 'thold'; $plugins = 'superlinks';Next, go to User Management for the user you are currently logged in as, and give yourself the new 'realm right' that should have appeared: "View SuperLinks" and "Manage SuperLinks". Then a SuperLinks item should appear in the Management section of the Console menu in Cacti.
Here's a zip file for 0.8
The plugin is enabled for Jimmy Conner's update plugin, so if you have that plugin, then it will notify you of updates to this one.
See COPYING for the license under which SuperLinks is released (short version - it's GPLed).
This plugin includes one icon from Mark James's excellent Silk icon set. These are released under
under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. The full icon set is available at
The supplied DejaVu Fonts are copyright Bitstream, with some additional glyphs copyright Tavmjung Bah.
DejaVu changes are in public domain. For more information see:
The fantastic jQuery 1.2.6 library is also included, which is released under the GPL.